Verizon offers a wide range of innovative equipment and accessories to help you get the most out of your Fios, 5G Home, and DSL connection.
It allows you to stream digital entertainment and information to many devices throughout your home or office. Your gateway router is one of the most versatile and powerful gateway routers available, supporting networking via cables, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi.
We’ll walk you through the Verizon FiOS Router Login process, including the default IP address, setup, default username, and password. Finally, if you forget your password, how do you reset it?
Verizon FiOS Router Login process
How to access/login Verizon FiOS is one of the most basic and important things you should know. Because you can only manage your account and the internet settings through the admin panel interface. Simply follow the procedures outlined below.
1. Let’s assume you just got your Verizon FIOS router, before you can log in and do anything at all, you will need to know the default username and password, they can be found in the user manual or on the side of the Router.
2. After founding out the username and password, now connect to your Verizon devices through a wired or wireless internet connection.
3. Open your preferred web browser and input 192.168.1.1 in the address bar when you’ve successfully connected to the internet with your Router. You will be routed to the login page after pressing ENTER.
4. You can then enter the default username and password into the appropriate sections after visiting the login screen.
5. Once you’ve logged into the Router, you’ll be able to access and manage all of the options necessary to properly configure your router. However, it is recommended that you update your password on a regular basis to make it safer.
How to change Verizon router default username/password
Now that you’ve known how to login/access into your Verizon router, you might want to change the default username or password, there is a ton of reasons why you might want to do this, one of the reasons is that the default password which comes with the router is always looking like an ALIEN scribbling, this makes it not easy to remember.
Below are the two easy steps which you can follow to change the password:
1. We are assuming you are already on the Verizon admin panel by using the guide above, click the “Change login user name/password” link in the lower left-hand corner.
2. You will be taken to a new interface where you can change the default password and username, change it to whatever you want, and remember to note it down somewhere in case you forget again.
And voila, you’re done.
How to reset Verizon router back to default settings
After changing your router password to make it more secure and easy to remember, there are some cases where you might forget. For this reason, we’re including this guide as a bonus guide. Follow the steps below to easily reset your Verizon router to default settings.
1. Every Verizon router has a reset button, which is usually located on the device’s back. If you have trouble finding the reset button, please consult the user manual. You can also conduct an online search for your specific model.
2. Look for a small or tiny object, such as a needle or a pin. Using that, press down on the reset button at the back of the router for more than ten seconds. After that, you’ll notice the light blinking for a few seconds before the Router turns off and on.
Your router will now go back to the default password and username.
Wrapping it up
We hope this guide will be helpful to you. Let us know in the comment section if it does, or if you think there are some Verizon router guides we haven’t covered yet, let us know also, we will see to it and do our best to make sure it is included. For now, that is it. That is how to access Verizon router and change default settings.