Whatsapp is undoubtedly one of the most popular and widely used messaging apps in the world. It has more than 1 billion active users every month, so it’s not too difficult to see why we would want to install Whatsapp on FireStick or any other device for that matter!
Whatsapp is accessible for both iOS and Android platforms, but you can’t install it directly on your FireStick because it’s not on the Amazon App store.
There are two methods for installing WhatsApp on Fire TV: one is to use a third-party program called ‘Downloader,’ and the other is to use ‘ES File Explorer.’
The idea of being able to chat with your friends via a TV can be really exciting, and now you can do just that! How great is that? We are going to show you how easy it is to get up and running with WhatsApp on FireStick.
WhatsApp on Firestick Features
- You can chat with your family, friends, colleagues, and even classmates
- You can video call anyone free of charge
- Just like Facebook and Snapchat, you can add to your stories called “Status”
- You can create a WhatsApp group for any purpose and add up to 250 members
- You can change your WhatsApp to a dark theme just like Facebook, with just one tap
- WhatsApp has also added a payment option in a recent upgrade. WhatsApp can be used to send and request payments.
How To Install WhatsApp on Firestick
There are mainly two shortcut ways known to install WhatsApp on your Firestick TV, but before we go into that details, you need to first activate the install apps from unknown sources options on firestick, let us show you how you can get this done.
- Go to the Configurations option on the Firestick’s main screen.
- Select Developer Options in My Fire TV by clicking on My Fire TV or devices.
- To enable it, go to the Developer settings menu and turn on the option for Applications from Unknown Sources.
- Click the Activate button when the confirmation pop-up window displays.
Install WhatsApp on Firestick via ES file explorer
ES file explorer is a free app that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. It’s also available on Amazon Fire TV as well as any other Android device.
ES File Explorer is one of the most effective ways to get WhatsApp installed on your Firestick, if you do not have it installed on Firestick already, first get it installed.
- Go to the Firestick’s home screen, select “search option,” type “ES File Explorer,” and then select “OK.”
- The details for the application will be displayed on the TV screen; click the “Get” button to begin the download process.
- After downloading, the app will install itself, then you can proceed to install Whatsapp through it.
- In your Firestick, open the ES File Explorer application.
- On the app screen, click the Downloader icon (in the second row)
- Now, at the bottom of the screen, click the + New button.
- Enter the download link (https://www.whatsapp.com/android/) in the path text box. Type WhatsApp in the Name text box and click the Download Now button.
- After that, click the Open Document button, then the Install on Firestick button.
- To install the app, click the Install on Firestick option once more.
- After the program has been installed, click the Open button to begin using it.
Install WhatsApp on Firestick Via Downloader
- Search for “downloader” in the Firestick Amazon app store and download it.
- Go to settings > My Fire TV > Developer options once you’ve finished.
- After that, both ADB Debugging and applications from unknown sources must be enabled.
- Open the “downloader” software that was previously installed.
- When prompted to grant the essential permissions, select “Allow.”
- When it opens, type in the path to WhatsApp APK; Copy the download link from as it appears below: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
- Click on the “Go button” and wait for it to complete the process, this will vary depending on your internet speed
- And, when it’s done, you can now start using Whatsapp on the Firestick TV.
How To Make Video Calls on WhatsApp Using Firestick
You can make video calls with your friends if your Firestick-connected TV has a built-in front camera. To make video calls using WhatsApp on Firestick, follow the steps below.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Firestick and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see four options. Camera, chat, status, and phone calls are all available. Select the Call option.
- Now, at the bottom of the screen, click the Call icon.
- You’ll get a list of all of your WhatsApp contacts. Select the Video Call icon next to your friend’s name.
- You can talk to your friend when he or she answers your call. Click the Contacts icon in the top right corner to add someone else.
- To end the video call, click the End button once you’ve completed speaking.
Amazing WhatsApp Features You Might Want To Try on Firestick
This Whatsapp feature was added in the year 2020. You can toggle this on or off in a chat, but only group admins can switch it on or off in a group chat.
Keep in mind that this will only be removed from the chat if it is not read within seven days of being sent. After 7 days, they may still remain in the user’s preview or notification.
Starring favorite messages
This makes it simple to easily view important messages, phone numbers, addresses, or article links that were sent to you by a friend. Press and hold the message for a long time, then click the star icon. It should have a little star icon next to it so that it can be easily noticed when scrolling through the full chat.
Group or conference calls
A Group Call lets you create a conference call with up to eight people at the same time. It also gives you the ability to speak privately in one of these chat rooms as well, when others are joining your call.
This feature was previously available only for calls between two users but now can be done among more participants and there are some other upgrades such as being able to mute specific speakers without muting yourself.
You can now use WhatsApp to chat with family and friends, make free video and audio calls on your Firestick without having to stare at the little screen of your smartphone. If you have any further queries, please leave them in the comments section below.