Facebook Messenger is one of the most used messaging applications in the world. It is developed and operated by the popular American technology company Facebook INC. It is designed for all Facebook users to send messages to one another.
Sometimes Facebook Messenger may develop unusual behavior, especially if you are using the old version of the messaging mobile app. One of the popular problems that millions of Facebook messenger users face every day is when the Facebook Messenger notification is not working.
When the Messenger notification is not working, you won’t get a notification when your Facebook friends send you a message until you open the mobile application.
If you are currently battling with this problem on your Facebook Messenger App, then you need to read this informative article to the end because I will explain how you can fix this popular notification issue.
Table Of Contents
How To Fix Facebook Messenger Notification Not Working
There are numerous methods of solving Facebook Messenger notifications not working. In this informative article, I will use the simple and easiest method of fixing this notification problem.
- Open the Settings App on your smartphone.
- Navigate and click on Apps & Notifications.
- Now click on the option to view all Apps.
- Check the App list for Facebook Messenger and click it.
- Then click Notifications.
- Make sure that you turn on “Show Notifications” ON.
- Then check the notification categories if any of the Facebook Messenger categories is turned off. You need to turn all the categories on. In case if some of the categories are turned off.
After you have completed these settings, ask your friend on Facebook to message you. That way, you can confirm if this method works for your Facebook Messenger mobile app or not.
This is the easiest and most simple method of fixing Facebook Messenger notifications that does work. Aside from Facebook Messenger, you can also use this setting for another App, including another social media app on your smartphone that doesn’t show notifications except you open them.
Fix Facebook Messenger Notification Not Working Using Restarting Method
Do you know that your Facebook Messenger notification can stop working due to overload on your smartphone? Yes, it happens due to software bugs and other related issues, especially if you use an old version of the Facebook Messenger App or your smartphone is not updated.
Your Facebook Messenger can stop sending notifications if you use your smartphone for over one month or more without restarting it or closing the application.
Now, to use restarting method to fix your Facebook Messenger that does not show notifications, you need to follow this simple instruction.
- Long-press or hold down your Power button for three seconds. Then click Restart from the available options on your smartphone screen to reboot your smartphone.
This button combination may vary depending on both types and brands. However, follow the same method used in switching off your phone or restarting it.
All your mobile applications will reset, and they will start working properly.
Although this method may not work for some people because it is only available for those who use their Facebook Messenger mobile application for some weeks without restarting their smartphone, for this reason, the application stops sending notifications due to software bugs or being overworked. It may not work for you if your Facebook Messenger is not overworked.
Fix Facebook Messenger Notification Not Working Using Do Not Disturb Method
Do Not Disturb is one feature that allows all smartphone users to stop notifications across all their mobile applications. Social Media mobile browsers and other applications on your smartphone will stop sending notifications to you whenever you turn on Do Not Disturb mode on your smartphone.
Do Not Disturb will clear all of the notifications you have already got from your mobile applications immediately when you turn it on.
So if your smartphone is in Do Not Disturb mode, then you won’t be able to receive any notification from all your mobile applications, including Facebook Messenger.
To turn off Do Not Disturb mode on your smartphone so that you will be able to receive notifications from all your mobile applications, including Facebook Messenger, follow this simple instruction.
- Swipe down your screen to access the quick setting panel.
- Now you need to look for the Do Not Disturb button on the available buttons on your quick setting panel and then turn it off.
- Immediately, you will begin to receive notifications from all your mobile applications, including Facebook Messenger.
- You can also turn off Do Not Disturb mode in your Settings app on your smartphone if Do Not Disturb is not available on your quick settings panel.
- Open your settings app, then navigate and click on Sound.
- Now click on Do Not Disturb and turn it off.
This method does not work for everyone. It only works for those who set their smartphone in Do Not Disturb mode.
Fix Facebook Messenger Notification Not Working Using Network Reconnection Method
To fix your Facebook Messenger notification that does not work using the network reconnection method.
- Drag down your smartphone’s quick settings panel and turn on the flight mode. Wait for few minutes and turn off the flight mode.
- Now connect to the internet, and your Facebook Messenger App will send notifications as it used to do before.
This method is simple and easy. Within two minutes, you will be able to fix your Facebook Messenger notification that does not work using the flight method or network reconnection method.
- How To Successfully Log Out Of Facebook Messenger App On Android
- How To Delete Someone From Messenger On Android and iOS
There are more methods of fixing Facebook Messenger notification that does not work. However, these are the easiest and simple methods of doing it. That is why I use these methods in this article so that it will be easy and simple for you to understand, even if you are new to Facebook Messenger or your smartphone operating system.