With the popularity of smartphones on the rise, more and more people are using their mobile devices to stay in contact with friends and family. With this in mind, stubborn iPhone problems like not ringing can not only be annoying but also a potentially serious issue.
There are innumerable people these days that are facing problems with their iPhone not ringing. So, we thought of writing a guide on how to get rid of it.
The following are 7 ways to fix the iPhone not ringing problem.
Table Of Contents
- Fix #1: Turn on the iPhone silent button switch
- Fix #2: Turn off DND (Do Not Disturb) mode
- Fix #3: Check the “Ringer and Alerts” volume
- Fix #4: Update iOS Version To The Latest Version
- Fix #5: Disable call forwarding
- Fix #6: Check if your iPhone is not stuck in headphone mode
- Fix #7: Seek certified apple support
All iPhones have a small user-friendly “mute/silent switch” usually located at the left hand side on the phone. Just place your hand on that switch and flick it OFF or ON. Once off, you will now be able to hear the ringtone of incoming calls and notifications.
Fix #2: Turn off DND (Do Not Disturb) mode
When the phone screen is locked, the Do Not Disturb option on the iPhone prevents notifications, alerts, and calls from making any noise, vibrating, or lighting up the phone screen.
You can check to see if the “do not disturb” mode is on by default or by mistake, you can swipe up from the bottom of your Iphone screen, you will then see a crescent moon icon, click on it, alternatively, you can go to Iphone settings to turn it off from there.
Fix #3: Check the “Ringer and Alerts” volume
Go to your iPhone Settings > sounds and check the ”Ringer and Alerts” section volume to see if it’s not all the way up. If it’s not, turn up the volume to the maximum.
After doing this, try calling your iPhone from another device to see if it is fixed.
Fix #4: Update iOS Version To The Latest Version
This method can fix a variety of bugs related to software errors and other issues, such as the iPhone not ringing. Before updating, make sure to back up your iPhone so you won’t lose any data. If you do not know how to backup your iPhone, follow the steps below:
To update an iPhone, you do not need to be tech genius or tech-savvy, you just need a tool called Syncios, with this, the backup process will be easy peasy.
2. Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone to your computer. A prompt will appear on your iPhone’s screen, tap “Trust this computer.”
3. Now refer to your computer screen and run the Syncios software, you will be presented with three options; Transfer, Backup, and Restore. When you click “Backup,” your iPhone device will appear on the left side as a source. To proceed to the next interface, click “Next.”
4. Syncios will then allow you to select the data you want to back up. You can choose to copy over 12 different types of data from your iPhone to your computer (contacts, messages, Whatsapp, music, video, photo, notes, and so on). After choosing, now click on next and run the next prompt and you’re done.
After updating your device, go to Settings > Software update, when you see an available update, click on it.
Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
Fix #5: Disable call forwarding
Another reason that may be a hindrance to your iPhone ringing out is call forwarding, if this option is on, it can be redirecting you calls to another person’s phone number, so check the Settings > Call forwarding. If the button is on, tap to turn it off.
Fix #6: Check if your iPhone is not stuck in headphone mode
Your iPhone might be stuck in a state which it will think the ringtone is playing. But in reality, it is just sending the voice output feed to a disconnected device like a Bluetooth device that isn’t turned on or earbuds that aren’t plugged in.
What you can basically do is to turn on airplane mode and turn it off afterwards.
Fix #7: Seek certified apple support
If you’ve tried all the above options and none of it works, it’s possible that you have a damaged phone speaker or your iPhone port got fried. You can book an appointment with an apple genius bar here so they can take a look at it in person.
Thanks for reading to the end, we hope one of the above listed guides will help to fix the iPhone not ringing problem. If it helped, let us know in the comment section.
Make sure to share this informative content piece to anyone that might be facing the same problem with their iPhone as you.