Are you interested in a guide showing you how to save Instagram Videos to iPhone camera roll? Then this is the post for you.
In this post, we will be looking at how to download and save Instagram videos to iPhone camera roll which is in the photo app on iOS.
This guide doesn’t apply to just videos downloaded from Instagram, but also videos downloaded from any source online. And yes, that includes movies.
As a matter of fact, we already discussed how to download music and movies online on iPhone. And now, we’d like to do same for videos on Instagram.
With this guide, being able to have those videos on the multimedia sharing platform on your iPhone, becomes very easy.
Table Of Contents
Requirements To Download and Save Instagram Videos To iPhone Camera Roll
Below are basically all that’s required to have videos on the multimedia sharing platform, saved to the photo app on your iOS device;
- Active Internet Connection
- Instagram Application
- Browser and Documents Manager (Download here) – Updated!
Having mentioned the requirements, let’s dive into how it is done.
Although there are more apps on the app store that allows you do this (we will probably write on that in the future), we will be using the mentioned above as a case study.
Of course, you can decide to explore using others on the app store. However, for the most part, you should be fine with the total files previously called TDownloader app.
Update: Total Files Downloader or TDownloader seem to have been removed from the Apple App store. For this reason, we’ve updated this post to reflect a new working app called “Browser and Documents Manager“.
Download and Save Instagram Videos Using Browser and Documents Manager App
Using the Browser and Documents Manager app, here is how to download Videos on Instagram
- Launch the official Instagram application
- On the video you’d like to download, tap on the options button and select Copy Link.
- Next, launch the Browser and Documents Manager app and tap on the browser tab.
- Under the browser tab, input downloadgram.com or any of these Instagram video downloader tool.
- In the box required to input the Instagram link, paste the copied link there and tap on Download.
- After a few seconds, download video should be displayed. Tap on that.
- This should open a new tab with two options displayed; Download and navigate. Choose the download option.
- Rename the file if you want. You can also choose a destination folder if you want. When done, select Done.
- Return to the download tab and you should see the download in progress.
- When completed, click on the folder tab as seen in the image below
- There in, you should find the newly downloaded video.
- Next, tap on the option button in the video and select Open In
- Under the share options, select Save Video.
- If a prompt is displayed, choose OK.
Now, go back to the photos app on Your iOS device. On the All photos or videos folder, you should find the newly downloaded video there.
That’s it. That’s how to download and save Instagram videos in the camera roll folder on iPhone.
Having discussed how to do this using the total downloader app, let’s discuss how to do same using the offline file manager and browser app.
Save Instagram Videos To iPhone Photo Folder Using Offline File Manager App
Same process applies to being able to download videos on Instagram using the offline file manager and browser app. However, we’d still be giving an insight.
To save Instagram videos to the camera roll (photos app) on iOS device, follow these steps:
- Visit a Instagram video and photo download website tool like insta-downloader.net or the one mentioned above
- Paste the video URL you copied from Instagram and choose the download option
- When the download link is ready, tap and hold on the download video option and select Download.
- Change the name and document if you have to. When done, select Done.
- Return back to the download tab and you should find the file downloading.
- When the download is complete, tap on the folder option.
- On the newly downloaded file, tap on the options icon and select share
- Under share option, choose Save video.
That’s it. You’ve successfully downloaded and saved the Instagram video into the photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
While both apps works, I’d recommend using total files app for the most part. Asides the simplicity, you get to deal with lesser ads compared to the other app.
So, in summary, I’d recommend using total files app for this. In subsequent posts, we will look at other app that allows you download and save videos on Instagram with ease. Questions? Do not hesitate to ask using the comment session.