In as much as the era of using S40 Java or Symbian phones are gradually coming to an end, it has come to my notice that most users still face issues with having to download and use whatsapp on their Java Phones.
Android, iOS and Blackberry are basically the well-known Mobile Operating system in this current age. Android devices and blackberry devices are getting more affordable by the day.
While that is true, it wouldn’t be nice to close the doors to those who are still rocking their S40 Java phones or S60 Symbian phones.
It has come to my notice that such users are having a hard time using WhatsApp messenger on their S40 java phones like Asha 200, 205 and Nokia 2700.
There are loads of tutorials on the internet to aid them in fixing this but this tutorial isn’t available on this blog before now and it’s for this very reason, I’d like to proffer a solution.
Requirements To Downloading Whatsapp Messenger On UnSupported S40 Java Nokia Phones
Just before we go into the tutorial proper, I just want to lay out the basic things you should have in place in other to make the process faster.
1. Have access to a computer (A mobile phone can be used but it’s easier to use a computer first).
2. Download these two files; Click here to download the first, Download the second. Don’t Open the files after downloading
3. Have Over 10MB of data on your SIM Card
4. Nokia Asha phone users should have two sim card slots occupied with sim.
Installing Whatsapp On Supported Java S40 Phones
Step #1. First and foremost, copy those two downloaded files to a folder on your memory card and rename the whatsapp_jar to Whatsapp.jar and Whatsapp_jad to Whatsapp.jar.
Step #2. When the memory card is placed back to your phone, copy the applications to your My Apps Or Games.
Step #3. Navigate back to both files on the memory card and choose to delete them both.
Step #4. Now navigate to the whatsapp application on your phone, press the option button and press ‘Update Version’. Wait till the updating process is completed. After the updating process is completed, you can choose to open.
Step #5. You should get a message stating ‘get updating notification enabler‘. Let that load. It should fail and you should get an error saying Phone not supported. Don’t panic. Close the app and your whatsapp is fully installed and working.
Step #6. Navigate back to the whatsapp application on the phone and launch it. It should work fine.
Possible Problems When Installing Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 200, 205, 2700
Although the above instructions works very well, there are chances of you facing errors and based on that, I’d like to state some of the error you MAY encounter and the solution.
1. If after following the app instruction and you still get an error, simply do a factory reset on your Nokia Asha Phone. When done, Open your browser and update the new Nokia XPress. When done, start the whole installing process again.
2. Nokia Asha Users, Please make sure you have two SIM Cards in the phone before commencing on the process. However, please be aware that you will be needing just one of the SIM to access the internet. The second sim is just like a figure-head.
Please follow the above instructions squarely and you should have Whatsapp Messenger App working very well on your supported S40 Java Phones.